We look forward to getting to know your child and your family — and introducing you to our school — through our admissions process. On this page you will find our Application Checklist and Application Timeline. We are here to help whenever you have questions.
A complete application to CCJDS includes:
- Online Admissions Application Form
- Teacher Evaluation Form (Form for Kindergarten Applicants) (Form for 1st-8th Grade Applicants). To be submitted by teacher to CCJDS via email (email@example.com) or U.S. mail (CCJDS Admissions, 955 Risa Road, Lafayette, CA 94549)
- Transcript or Report Cards (for previous school year and fall semester of current school year; required only for those already in Kindergarten through 7th grade). Please send to CCJDS via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or U.S. mail (CCJDS Admissions, 955 Risa Road, Lafayette, CA 94549).
- Application Fee of $50 (a reduced fee of $20 is available upon request). Payable online or by check to CCJDS, 955 Risa Road, Lafayette, CA 94549.
- Applicant Photo. Please send a photo to email@example.com. This helps us get to know your student.
- On campus or online parent meeting and student interview/assessment.
Admissions decisions are based on the screening of the child and interviews with the family to determine the child’s academic and social readiness. In evaluating children for admission to any grade, the school considers the child’s strengths, needs, personality, and learning style in relation to the needs and functioning of the class as a whole.
Children entering Kindergarten should turn five years of age before September 1 of their Kindergarten year.
The decision to admit children with learning or other differences is dependent on whether the school can provide the help the child needs to succeed without diminishing the quality of the educational program or the classroom interactions. A family’s recognition of their child’s issues and their willingness to work with the school toward their resolution are critical factors in the admissions decision.
The Contra Costa Jewish Day School welcomes qualified applicants with a variety of talents, interests and perspectives. CCJDS does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability in the admission of students or the employment of staff, nor does it tolerate sexual harassment.
CCJDS is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA), a consortium of Bay Area schools that works together in an effort to make the admissions process positive and convenient for all families. ISSFBA schools generally follow the same timeline (and deadlines) for application submission, decision notification, and enrollment confirmation.